Portage Development Board Announces Board Members and Officers
RAVENNA, OH—The Portage Development Board (PDB) announces the renewal of six board members to its 37 member board of directors, as well as, the full slate of officers for 2020-2021.
- Elizabeth Barry- President, Delta Systems, Inc. (Streetsboro)
- David Becker- Operations Director, Johnson Matthey Process Technology (Ravenna)
- Todd Loschelder- President, Schneller (Franklin Township)
- Andy Malitz- General Manager/Executive Director, The NEW Center (Rootstown)
- Matthew Metcalf- CEO, Colonial Machine (Kent)
- Erick Sharp- President/CEO, ACE Products and Consulting (Ravenna)
“The board of directors provides its collective knowledge of business and the community to help PDB accomplish its mission: to help companies to locate, stay and grow in Portage County. We are fortunate to not only have these individuals volunteer their time, but also provide excellent guidance and leadership to the PDB.” said Brad Ehrhart, president of the Portage Development Board.
Slate of Officers:
- Chairman: Julie Brandle, President, Metis Construction Services LLC (Kent)
- Vice-Chairman: Glenn Broska, Mayor, City of Streetsboro
- Secretary/Treasurer: Douglas Wieder, Treasurer, Mill Distributors (Aurora)
“I am honored to serve my 3rd term as Portage Development Board chairman. These can be challenging times for our businesses, and I am proud to be part of the solution here in Portage County. I look forward to the continued work in the coming year with this organization that will make a difference in our Portage County community.” – Julie Brandle, Board Chairman, President, Metis Construction Services, Kent.
The elected board members and officers were voted on at the annual PDB meeting held on July 23rd, 2020. During the meeting Mr. Ehrhart, shared his mid-year review noting that PDB and its partners had successfully worked on five major projects so far in 2020. Those five projects represent over $90 million in new investment and will create and retain over 1,179 jobs in Portage County with an estimated payroll of over $100 million.
The Portage Development Board (PDB) is a 501 (C)(3) private non-profit organization that serves as the economic development agency for Portage County. Its goal is to help companies locate, stay, and grow in Portage County. Since its inception in 2011, PDB has worked on 81 projects that represent over $593 million in investment in Portage County. More information can be found on their website at www.PortageDevBd.org.