The Portage Development Board is seeking a motivated individual to serve as the Clerical Specialist for PDB. This is a part-time position responsible for providing clerical support for the Portage Development Board office. This individual will greet and serve the public in a friendly, helpful and professional manner.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepares various documents, reports and correspondence in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook). May handle highly confidential information.
- Greets and assists visitors by directing them to the appropriate person or organization.
- Attends meetings and takes and prepares meeting minutes.
- Files, copies, scans and faxes documents.
- Takes care of incoming mail and delivers outgoing mail to the post office. Distributes mail to the appropriate person.
- Provides support and assists with Portage Development Board functions, events and meetings.
- Attend meetings as required (ie Chambers of Commerce and others).
- Schedules appointments, processes registrations/reservations for meetings, events and travel.
- Assists with research for reports and Portage Development Board websites.
- Completes assignments, projects and other duties as required.
- High school diploma or GED and two years of related work experience required.
- Knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office. Quickbooks is a plus but not required.
- Must be out going and able to make phone calls to businesses.
- Must be a self-starter, work independently needing minimal supervision.
- Applicant must have valid Ohio Driver’s license.
Rate of Pay: $13.00/hr with potential increase after 90 day probationary period
Benefits: 401(k) and PTO
To apply for this position please email resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.